Join the Analytics CORD mailing list.
Join the CORD team (#a-cord channel) on Slack.
The goals of this initiative are to (1) build a general-purpose monitoring framework that collects, archives and delivers (via queries or notifications) performance probes/metrics about the physical devices and software elements in CORD; and (2) demonstrate this framework in the service of analytic applications that dynamically adapt CORD based on workload and anomalous events.
Key features of A-CORD are:
- Provides deep observability of both physical network elements and software element inside CORD: Dis-aggregated access devices (GPON OLT), dis-aggregated core devices (ROADMs), Fabric whitebox switches, Compute/Storage hardware, Software virtual switches (OVS), Software virtualized services running on the infrastructure
- Provides not only infrastructure level monitoring but also service level monitoring thereby enables end-to-end observability
- Programmatic interfaces to control level of observability
- Decouples Analytics applications from underlying probes thereby enabling true multi-vendor environments
- Allow multiple applications to consume the same collected data. i.e. collect once and use by many
- Applications can be data publishers too such that aggregated events can be fed into the system that can be consumed by other applications
We are in the process of assembling a few end-to-end use cases to demonstrate A-CORD. We also have a dashboard that illustrates the metrics currently being collected. (TODO: Point to this dashboard.)
For more detail see: