- Defining CORD – An overview of the CORD ecosystem.
- Configuring CORD – Introduction to getting started with CORD.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- CORD Requirements – High-level architectural requirements
- Contributing to CORD – Suggestions for how to contribute to CORD.
We are starting to migrate documentation about CORD software components to GitBook. Check http://guide.opencord.org to see progress.
Information about CORD's graphical and programmatic interfaces for creating, provisioning, and controlling services is documented here.
- Assembling and On-Boarding Services: A Tutorial.
- A tutorial outlining how to assemble the pieces that define a service and then on-board the service into CORD.
Introductory White Papers
- Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter, IEEE Communications, October 2016.
- Updated version of the original white paper motivating CORD and outlining its essential elements.
- Service Assembly and Composition in CORD.
- An architectural description of how CORD models functionality as the composition of scalable multi-tenant services.
CORD Design Notes
The following is a collection of architecture and engineering design notes that describe the CORD platform and various services built on that platform. It might help to start by understanding the Definition of CORD.
- CORD Reference Implementation.
- Requirements, technology choices, and assembly instructions for a CORD POD.
- Trellis - CORD Network Infrastructure.
- The design of the CORD fabric, and the role of overlay virtualization in service composition.
- Service Composition and the Role of VTN.
- An in-depth description of service composition (including APIs) and the role VTN plays in supporting it.
- CORD Monitoring Service.
- In-depth description of the CORD service to collect, archive and analyze real-time metrics.
- Security in CORD.
- A brief introduction to CORD's security architecture.
- Service On-Boarding (Dangerous-Addition)
- Describes how to on-board services in the Dangerous-Addition release.
- Dynamic On-boarding System and Service Profiles (Mysterious-Decsion)
- Describes how the dynamic service on-boarding system works, and how it integrates with service profiles.
- Design of Synchronizers
- Describes synchronizers and their relationship to the authoritative data model and backend operational state.
- Implementation of Synchronizers
- Describes how to implement synchronizers, including relevant interface definitions.
- Virtual OLT (vOLT).
- In-depth description of CORD's virtual OLT service.
- Virtual Subscriber Gateway (vSG).
- In-depth description of CORD's virtual subscriber gateway service.
- Virtual Router (vRouter).
- In-depth description of CORD's virtual router service.