Brigade Goals and Scope
The overarching goal is to extend the CORD platform so it can accommodate hierarchical / multi-site deployments. We are considering three possible use cases:
- E-CORD – A global XOS manages a distributed set of (self-contained) CORD PODs connected by a metro backbone.
- Private LTE – An edge POD manages a set of co-located (but isolated) periphery "virtualized RAN" micro-PODs.
- OpenCloud – A global XOS manages a distributed set of (self-contained) CORD PODs connected by the Internet2 backbone.
This is a continuation (and generalization) of an earlier effort that was sometimes called Layered XOS.
- Rick McGear, US-Ignite <email@example.com>
- Sapan Bhatia, ON.Lab <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Matt Hemmings, University of Victoria <email@example.com>
- Matteo Scandolo, ONF <firstname.lastname@example.org>