Working documents for release and sprint planning are maintained in Google Docs. We are currently in the middle of the Quizzical-Purpose release cycle. Also see Jira for the current actionable set of Epics, Stories and Tasks.
Two drivers are shaping the CORD roadmap for Quizzical-Purpose:
- Integrating VOLTHA into the CORD Platform (resulting in a new version of R-CORD).
- Adopting Kubernetes as a substate for deploying CORD (and refactoring the build system accordingly).
- Kubernetes Managed Control Plane (XOS, OpenStack, ONOS)
- Dynamic loading of Services and Service Profiles
- Unbundled Build
- Organized around a set of Helm Charts
- Decoupled Build and Deploy Stages
- Each component versioned independently
- Upgraded Components
- Ubuntu 16.04
- OpenStack Newton
- Migrate QA to Linux Foundation
- Kubernetes-managed micro-services integrated in the CORD data plane
- Write XOS Synchronizer for Kubernetes
- Integrate VTN into Kubernetes (via CNI)
- Extend CORD security architecture to include explicit Trust Domains
- Preliminary ISSU jointly managed by XOS and Kubernetes
The attached slide deck (PowerPoint) describes the target Lifecycle Management strategy and CI/CD environment for the Quizzical-Purpose release.
Roadmaps for earlier releases are archived here: