Welcome to the XOS & NEM Community wiki space. All information on this wiki is publicly accessible. If you would like to contribute to this space, you will need a CORD account: https://opencord.org/registration
XOS brings the Everything-as-a-Service (XaaS) organizing principle to the CORD architecture. In doing so, it addresses several of CORD's high-level design requirements, including a means to seamlessly integrate control plane (SDN) and data plane (NFV) based services; the ability to support both access services and conventional cloud services; support for multiple security domains; and the "end-to-end glue" needed to make CORD both extensible and controllable.
To participate in the XOS project...
- Join the CORD team (#xos channel) on Slack.
For more information see:
- Breaking the Disruptor's Dilemma.
- Describes how NEM and XOS can be used to automate the operationalization of a set of disaggregated components.
- XOS: Extensible Service Control Plane.
- Describes XOS as a self-contained service that augments micro-service based cloud applications built around systems like Kubernetes.
- Beyond Micro-Services: CORD's Model Driven Design.
- Describes CORD’s model-driven design, and XOS's role as a service control plane layered on top of a collection of micro-services. (Slide Deck)
- XOS Guide.
- Describes XOS support for defining and processing models.
- VTN and Service Composition.
- Describes CORD's model for service composition and the interaction between XOS and VTN to realize it.
- Security in CORD.
- A brief introduction to CORD's security architecture.
- Service Assembly and Composition in CORD.
- An architectural description of how CORD models functionality as the composition of scalable multi-tenant services. (Historical. Above documents make it partially obsolete.)
NEM: Network Edge Mediator
For more information on NEM, including the role XOS plays in NEM and the role NEM plays in SEBA, see the following presentations:
- Logging and Monitoring in CORD. ONF Connect 2018
- XOS: The Service Composition and Management Layer for CORD and SEBA. ONF Connect 2018
- NEM: Overview and ISSU Plans. SEBA Engineering Meeting, February 2019.
- SEBA Overview. February 2019